Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thing #19 Web 2.0 Award Winners

This was fun! Who could pick our just one to look at? Not me...I tried bunches of these neat websites. I like Im Cooked, One Sentence, Care2, Picnik, Boo, and Writeboard. I think the most fun was One Sentence, and that could be used as an assignment in just about any course. I picture secondary students as having the touch of irony and sarcasm needed to make these work, but it might be interesting to see what older elementary students could do with the one sentence stories.

Writeboard also seemed useful as a tool for a a group of students or a committee who are working together on a writing project to use. It's very simple, much less detailed to use and figure out than Google Docs, so it might be a better choice in some instances.

No comments:

Post a Comment