Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #9

This has been a depressing assignment for me. There is just too much "STUFF" out there. And here I am trying to make it where I can get to just a little bit more of that stuff every day by organizing my computer so that every second and every quarter inch is utilized to the maximum. Makes me want to go for a walk and look up at the redwinged blackbird sailing along, and then notice the new tomato blooms, and then come in and read awhile, and then get up and make supper--in other words, just one blessed thing at a time.

Don't get me wrong. I love the library, but it already takes up a big chunk of my life. How can you find balance if you're constantly adding more "stuff" to your time, even if it's good stuff? I read on one guy's blog this morning that he reads over 1000 blog posts a day! Sheesh!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, all these new 2.0 technologies can be a bit overwhelming.

    After learning all these things, why don't you just choose one thing which you can accommodate into your work. Once you are comfortable with that, go back and see if you have room for another.

    I understand the need to take baby steps and not get overloaded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell the same way! I have been craving nature lately. I think it is because I have spent so much time in front of this computer. If we are not careful, we could really spend every waking minute in front of a screen.

    ReplyDelete