Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing #12 To Comment or Not to Comment...

Well, really, that isn't the question, is it? I'm going to have to do this assignment as I go along, because I'm a dyed in the wool lurker. I've never left a comment anywhere--not even on restaurant evaluation cards. However, I've thoroughly enjoyed the comments of others on the blogs I've read, and I agree with the idea that comments contribute to the fabric of education, so I'm determined to change my ways, just let me do it a little at a time, okay?

More about this later.

4 comments:

  1. Well, I've been a lurker, too, although I didn't know the name for it. Lurker sounds amoral, doesn't it! I'm changing my ways, too, and it's fun. A little at a time is a good way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear hear! I have been a lurker too but I am trying to change my ways. I've found it easier to leave comments on blogs from this program than on random blogs. That seems really intimidating for me. I do comment on a friend's blog but I not sure that really "counts". I did make a comment on an author blog-which was a small step out of lurkdom but a step none-the-less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, like yourself, am very reluctant to comment (I think there might be a support group). I always have an "am I worthy to contribute here" complex. This program is helping me open up a little more. Because like you said, I do enjoy, for the most part, reading other comments and often find myself saying, "that's what I thought". Good luck and keep on commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your comments because I'm not fond of commenting either! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete