Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing #13 Delicious

I found Delicious a few days ago, when I remembered a friend who said she used it. I've read about it and played around with it, but until I learn more, the biggest use I see for it for me is that I can have all my bookmarks available no matter what computer I'm on. I found a way to look at a random person's bookmarks (felt kind of like window-peeping), but, really, why would I want to do that? (I don't window-peep either!) I haven't figured out yet a way to see my colleagues' bookmarks--but I bet they have to have a Delicious account, and then I have to know their username. And probably, that's how I would share with my students too. Students could use this for research by searching for certain tags. It might be especially helpful if they're having a hard time finding a useful site for a difficult subject.

I looked at Digg and and the Top 30 Social Bookmarking Sites, but I think I'm just going to stick with Delicious for now. Seems to be the clearest and easiest...

2 comments:

  1. I'm like you...I like to choose one favorite tool and stick with it. Wow! You are quite the reader...I like your list of summer reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered Delicious at TLA and found it an answer to my prayers. Last school year I had 2 schools and of course everything was always on the other computer. Linking everything through Delicious made life simpler! Last winter there was a discussion comparing Social Bookmarking sites and Delicious was by far the favorite.

    ReplyDelete